Thursday, February 28, 2008

Customer Service Addiction

I have a new addiction.

The address is www.consumerist.com.

I blame Andy for opening my eyes to an entire population of Comcast/Verizon/Wal*Mart/insert-giant-corporation-here haters who found a way to fight back against Chase "Customer Service Rep #4369" who told me that since I opened my bank account in Ohio and now live in Illinois, there's nothing she can do for me unless I physically drive to Ohio for help or close my account and reopen it across state lines.

Customer service ineptitude is really something that brings people together. If you're searching for a conversation starter at your next party, just mention the time Comcast sent you two bills for one month or kept you waiting for a service appointment ALL DAY and never showed up because they canceled it and forgot to tell you. Or maybe mention when your wallet got stolen and the credit card customer service rep repeatedly asked you for your card number after you already explained that you didn't have it since it was STOLEN.

Strangers really band together when faced with a common enemy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally addicted to this too! I saw it on Time's list of best blogs and haven't looked back since.

~Jenny