Thursday, July 24, 2008

Little Backyard of Horrors

Remember that garden I just would NOT shut up about?

It's all grown up now!

And sprouting things.

Pictured below are "pole peas" which I think are something like green beans, right? (This is why people like me should not actually succeed at gardening.)

Here are some bebe tomatoes. I do know how to use these lovelies.

I wish the tomatoes would hurry up and get delicious cause I've got a whole lotta basil that needs using.

We also have two other big pots of this stuff, so I'm thinking of starting a homemade pesto business on the side. Our poor little chives off to the right just can't seem to compete.

Yes, I realize we totally overplanted, but trust me when I say we had no real plans involving this garden thing actually succeeding.

It really was as simple as dropping some seeds in the ground and spraying them with some water every now and then. We even went on vacation with no plans for their care in our absence and they would not be deterred.

Next year we might expand and try to plan ahead so we don't have to keep untangling the pole peas from the dill plant they seem intent on squeezing the life out of. As long as they don't try for Milo next, I think we're on to something good here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! That's impressive. Well done, guys!

Jenn said...

Yum! That looks delicious. I wish that I lived closer so that I could take some of that basil off of your hands.

Kevin said...

(I tried posting this once and am not sure it worked so I am trying again. If you get 2 messages I'm sorry :P )

Hello there! Your garden looks pretty great. Ironically I just started gardening this year as well, maybe I will post some pictures for people to see.

We should keep in touch better than we do.

Hope you and Andy are well.

later.

kevin