Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gee-tar Show

Last night was Andy's "graduation" from the guitar class I got him for his birthday this year.

Graduation my ass. That shit was a straight up recital. I would know after all. There was the one tap and ballet recital I had before realizing tap dancing requires real coordination, not just slapping your feet on the floor as fast as possible while making frantic windmill circles with your arms. (Which is still how I tap dance today.)

It was really cool to see all these people who'd never really played guitar before strumming along to Bob Dylan.

Incredibly, I wasn't sick of the song after hearing Andy practice it all week. They sounded great, but don't take my word for it.

Because I remembered that my camera has a pretty good video setting...

Andy's Recital from Kristin Sutter on Vimeo.
**Please note my phenomenal directorial video skillz with the "zoom" and the "panning" from side to side. I'm a natural, I know.

I almost recorded the full song, but decided I wanted some photos too, so I kept it to just the first two verses.

Try to ignore my school-girl "Woooo!" at the end there. I always was a sucker for a man with a guitar.

4 comments:

Brian Sroufe said...

The video wonderfully displays Andy's newfound guitar ability overshadowed by his lifelong mastery of lip syncing.

Apparently "Okay guys!" really means "Okay guys! Oh, and Andy, you only have to sing until you feel deservedly complete and utter embarrassment."

I kid, of course. Go bro go.

P.S. The simultaneous toe-tapping is both creepy and hypnotic.

Unknown said...

Nice job, Andy!

Eric said...

This was almost as beautifully choreographed as the opening ceremonies.

Andy said...

I forgot my LED Sambas. Your loss.