Thursday, January 8, 2009

Adventures in Mom-sitting

Going to go pick up my mom from the train station in 2 hours and struggling to come up with fun, mom-appropriate activities for the weekend.

Is Chicago in winter really this boring?

I'm surprising her with high tea at the Lobby at the Peninsula for her birthday which is later this month, but outside of that, I'm drawing a blank.

The Museum of Science and Industry is free all month, but that's the one Chicago museum I've been to multiple times, so I don't really feel the need to go back yet again. (Mom's been there, too.)

I think I've procrastinated too long to get Second City tickets, and they teeter on the edge of overpriced for me.

Maybe I can just distract her with the multitude of food options like I usually do with out-of-town visitors. You'd be amazed how time flies when you wave a Hot Doug's menu in someone's face.

No comments: